American Precision Museum . . . Ingenuity in manufacturing technology: Past, Present, Future
To capture the imaginations of young and old with the spirit of innovation, problem solving and design demonstrated through the dynamic story of the machines and people which form the foundation and future of the manufacturing industry in America.
1. Offer programs that inspire young people to design, innovate, and problem-solve.
2. Build communities that foster a strong manufacturing future.
3. Care for and use our collections and historic property to inspire new generations of innovators.
Our museum is a tool to educate and inspire new generations to design, innovate, and problem-solve in the machine tool and manufacturing industries. We do this by creating engaging exhibits and electronic media that excite individuals to:
- experience the history of machine tools at work,
- grasp the impacts of machine tools on society and individuals in America,
- understand the connection between machine tools and the products we rely on,
- witness the continuing evolution and exciting future of precision manufacturing, and
- become part of the continuing story of the precision manufacturing industry.